Kamote Kalingking Maruya Recipe
I saw this interesting Kamote Maruya in the web and decided to give it a try. It turned out pretty good and worth a try.
A delicacy from Bicol and named Kalingking because sweet potato is cut like fingers.
Kamote used in making Maruya is usually grated so you can grate it if you want but for me I like to bite and taste the kamote cooked crispy.
- 1 large sweet potato (kamote), peeled and cut into strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cooking oil for frying
- Mix sugar, flour and water. Stir until well blended.
- Combine kamote strips to the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Scoop some kamote mixture into the pan and flatten.
- Fry on both side in medium heat till golden brown.
- Remove and place in a paper towel to remove excess cooking oil and serve hot. Enjoy!