Kamote Kalingking Maruya Recipe
I saw this interesting Kamote Maruya in the web and decided to give it a try. It turned out pretty good and worth a try.
A delicacy from Bicol and named Kalingking because sweet potato is cut like fingers.
Kamote used in making Maruya is usually grated so you can grate it if you want but for me I like to bite and taste the kamote cooked crispy.
- 1 large sweet potato (kamote), peeled and cut into strips
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 cup cooking oil for frying
- Mix sugar, flour, water and vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- Combine kamote strips to the flour mixture until well combined.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Scoop some kamote mixture into the pan and flatten.
- Fry on both side in medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove and place in a paper towel to remove excess cooking oil. Sprinkle with sugar and serve hot. Enjoy!