Kinamatisan na Isda Recipe
We were at our favorite Asian grocery store and found this fresh looking Moon fish. First thing got into my mind was Kinamatisan in Vinegar.
- 1 lb. moon fish or any fish, cleaned and rinsed
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 pieces tomato
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 2 stem green onion, cut into half
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Using a wide pan place ginger, garlic, fish, vinegar, soy sauce, tomatoes and ground pepper. Simmer uncovered in medium low heat.
- Once it starts to simmer reduce heat to low and cover pan. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes or till fish is fully cooked.
- Season with more salt if needed. Pour in cooking oil. Top with green onion and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
If you Google Moon fish you will see this fish is related to our very own Bilong-Bilong fish. Same look, same texture and same taste.