Pancit Sinabaw Recipe
Pancit Sinabaw is not a popular compare to other Filipino Pancit dishes. The usual Pancit Guisado is dry and this one is soupy or sinabawan originated from Davao, Philippines.
Try this simple and healthier recipe below. Best serve with pandesal and lemon wedges.
- 1 lb. pancit miki, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 lb. boneless chicken meat, sliced into bite size
- 1/2 cup julienned small red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green bell pepper
- 1 small carrot, sliced thin
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 pieces knorr cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups water
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized. Add slices of chicken. Stir till chicken turns brown.
- Add soy sauce and simmer for a minute. Add water and bring to a quick boil.
- Once water starts boiling season with ground pepper, knorr cubes and salt.
- Add noodles, bell peppers and carrots. Stir and simmer for few minutes.
- Add cabbage, stir and simmer for few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.