Banana Cue also known as Banana Q is a popular Filipino snack street food. A Filipino delicacy that is best when served with your favorite ice cold beverage. They are usually served in a stick but they can also be served without.
- 10 pcs. cooking banana (saba or Thai banana
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 5 barbecue stick - optional
- Using a wok, heat cooking oil in medium heat.
- Once cooking oil is fully hot add banana one by one
- Cook banana in cooking oil for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Gradually add brown sugar. Stir continuously for 5 to 10 minutes allowing the sugar to stick to the banana.
- Add sesame seeds and continue to stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove cooked banana one by one. Skewer 2 pieces per bamboo stick.
- Allow to cool for few minutes and serve. Enjoy!