Banana Cue also known as Banana Q is a popular Filipino snack street food. A Filipino delicacy that is best when served with your favorite ice cold beverage. They are usually served in a stick but they can also be served without.
- 10 pieces cooking banana (saba or Thai banana
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups cooking oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 5 barbecue stick - optional
- Using a wok, heat cooking oil in medium heat. Add bananas and cook until light brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and keep on stirring until sugar starts to melt. Add sesame seeds and keep on stirring until bananas are coated with caramelized sugar and sesame seeds.
- Pour in vanilla extract (it gives extra taste and smells so good). Stir until all the bananas are fully coated.
- Drain excess oil and transfer in a dish. Skewer the bananas and serve warm with your favorite drink or beverage. Enjoy!