- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar or more
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- bean curd sheet for wrapping
- cooking oil for frying
- Mix ground pork, shrimp, garlic, onion, carrots, five spice, sugar, salt and ground pepper.
- Lay down a piece of bean curd sheet and add 3 tablespoon meat mixture. Wrap it like you are wrapping a lumpia. Set aside and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Arrange wrapped meat (kikiam) in a steamer and steam for 15-20 minutes. Once done remove kikiam from the steamer. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place enough cooking oil in a deep pot for deep frying. Heat oil then fry kikiam in medium heat until skin is crispy.
- Remove from heat and slice before serving with a sweet and sour creamy sauce for dipping. See sauce recipe below.
Tip: You can store steamed kikiam in the freezer for later use or deep fry immediately.
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Dilute cornstarch in water.
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil until it turns caramelized.
- Pour diluted cornstarch, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir well and simmer in low heat for few minutes. Remove sauce from heat and set aside till ready to use.
Post a Comment