Pinangat nga Sapsap
Pinangat na Sapsap also known as Pony Fish is one of the easiest way on how to cook this kind of fish. You can use kamias or sinigang mix but I prefer cooking it with tomatoes. Simple and healthy.
- 1 lb. sapsap, clean and rinse well
- 3 pieces kalamansi or 1 lemon
- 3 large tomato, quartered
- 1 thumb size ginger, slice thin
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 stem green onion, cut in half
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Using a deep pot, bring water into a quick boil. Add ginger, onion and tomatoes. Continue boiling in medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground pepper then add the fish. Simmer in low heat for 5 minutes or till fish is fully cooked.
- Add kalamansi or lemon juice and green onion, simmer for a minute then remove pot from heat. Serve hot and enjoy!