Pinangat na Sapsap also known as Pony Fish is one of the easiest way on how to cook this kind of fish. You can use kamias or sinigang mix but I prefer cooking it with tomatoes. Simple and healthy.
- 1 lb. sapsap, clean and rinse well
- 3 pieces kalamansi or 1 lemon
- 3 large tomato, quartered
- 1 thumb size ginger, slice thin
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 stem green onion, cut in half
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Using a deep pot, bring water into a quick boil. Add ginger, onion and tomatoes. Continue boiling in medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground pepper then add the fish. Simmer in low heat for 5 minutes or till fish is fully cooked.
- Add kalamansi or lemon juice and green onion, simmer for a minute then remove pot from heat. Serve hot and enjoy!