Sinabawang Maya Maya or Red Snapper Fish Soup. A simple and healthy recipe for fish lover.
- 2 lbs. red snapper fish, cleaned and cut into 4-6 pieces
- 2 large tomato, cut into 4
- 1 small onion, cut into 4
- 1 small banana pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 stem green onion, cut into 2
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- Bring water into a boil using a deep pot. Once it starts boiling add onion and tomato. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add fish and continue to simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste then add banana pepper and green onion. Simmer for few more minutes.
- Add lemon juice and bring to a quick boil. Remove from heat and serve hot.