Check out this simple and easy to make Suman Malagkit recipe using glutinous rice flour. You only need few ingredients and a steamer. See step by step instruction below.
- 2 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup white or brown sugar
- banana leaves
- Clean banana leaves using a wet towel and microwave for a minute or two or heat on fire to soften and for easy wrapping.
- Using a deep bowl, place glutinous rice and sugar. Mix well.
- Slowly add the coconut milk. Mix well till it turns to a doughy texture.
- Lay banana leaves on a flat surface and brush some butter to avoid the mixture from sticking to the leaves and for extra flavor.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon full of glutinous mixture. Roll, wrap and secure with kitchen twine or piece of banana leaves.
- Arrange in a steamer and steam for an hour in medium high heat.
- Allow to cool for few minutes and serve warm. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.