Alogbati Talong at Shrimp
If you like alogbati then this tasty dish is for you. Nothing fancy and just few ingredients needed.
- 1 lb. alogbati leaves
- 1 medium size eggplant, cut into bite size
- 1/2 lb. medium size shrimp, peeled and divined
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium size tomato, diced
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Using a sauce pan, heat cooking oil. Saute garlic, onion and tomato till caramelized.
- Add shrimp and stir for few minutes. Add water and bring to a quick boil.
- Season with salt and ground pepper. Add slices of eggplant, cover pan and simmer for few minutes or till eggplant is fully cooked.
- Add alogbati leaves, stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and serve hot. Enjoy.
Tip: you can add kalabasa if available.