Baked Salmon with Mayonnaise
I always love Pink Salmon. Not only easy to make but also healthy but NOT this recipe. This one is baked with mayonnaise. But now I know what to do next time, just coat the other half of the fish with mayo mixture and leave the other half with just salt and pepper.
- 2 lbs. pink salmon fillet
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or more
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- lemon and green onion for garnishing
- Season fish with salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oven in 450 degree.
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic and basil. Set aside.
- Place fish in a baking pan or an aluminum foil rubbed with olive oil.
- Spread mayo mixture all over the top of the fish.
- Bake uncovered in a 450 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes or till fish is fully cooked.
- Broil until golden brown, remove from heat.
- Place in a serving platter and top with chopped green onion. Serve hot with slices of lemon.
Tip: baking time really depends on how big or thick is the fish. Make sure to check the fish in between baking time to make sure the fish is fully cooked. Broiling after baking is an option. I like mine looking golden brown so I always quick broil after baking.