Ginisang Monggo with Alogbati at Pork Ribs
- 1 lb. pork ribs, cut into bite size
- 1 1/2 cups monggo beans
- 2 cups alogbati leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 3 parts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Using a deep pot, boil monggo beans in water till fully cooked. Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add pork ribs and sauté till golden brown. Add lemon grass and enough water and boil till pork ribs till fully cooked.
- Add cooked monggo beans and stir well. Simmer in medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add alogbati leaves and simmer for few minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!