Laswa is a simple Ilonggo vegetables soup made with shrimp and a variety of vegetables. A healthy dish I truly miss being away from the Philippines.
- 1/2 lb. shrimp (any size) divined
- 1 lb. kalabasa, cubed
- 1 large eggplant, cut into bite size
- 8 pieces okra, cut in half
- 1/2 lb. sitaw, cut into 3 inches
- 2 cups saluyot leaves (jute)
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 6-8 cups water
- Boil water using a deep pot. Once water starts to boil add shrimp, tomato and onion. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add kalabasa, okra, sitaw and eggplant. Simmer for few minutes. Add malunggay and saluyot.
- Remove pot from heat so vegetables won't get overcooked.
- Serve hot and enjoy.