I love Cassava so I always think of something different to make. This one reminds me of back home were you make whatever is available. Try it and let me know. Really simple and it does taste good.
- 2 lbs. cassava, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar (or more if you want it sweeter)
- 5 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Place water in a pot. Add water and cassava. Bring to a boil in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and continue boiling for another 5 minutes.
- Add honey and vanilla. Simmer in low heat till sauce thickens while stirring every few minutes.
- Check to see if cassava is fully cooked. You can add more water and simmer longer if needed.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Great with vanilla ice cream too.
Post a Comment