Tinolang Halaan Recipe
Tinolang Halaan or Clams in Ginger Soup is a Filipino seafood dish that is not only easy to make but also healthy to eat. Almost the same as cooking Chicken Tinola but more simpler.
- 2 lbs. clams, previously frozen and cleaned
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, cubed
- 1 stalk lemon grass, bundled
- 2 stem green onion, cut into half
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups of water
- Using a deep pot, sauté ginger, garlic and onion till caramelized. Add lemon grass, water and simmer for 5 minutes in low heat.
- Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another minute.
- Add clams and simmer for few more minutes or until clams opens.
- Add green onion and simmer for a minute.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!
Note: you can also add vegetables like spinach or malunggay if you want.