Check out this tasty Tortang Talong with Giniling na Chicken recipe also known as Rellenong Talong or Stuffed Eggplant Omelet. What I love about this recipe is you can use either ground pork or ground beef. With this one I used ground chicken so it's healthier and the taste is equally the same.
- 4 large size Japanese or Chinese Eggplant
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Grill eggplant or broil until skin gets charred and can be easily removed from it's flesh.
- Feel eggplant and set aside. Discard skin.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of cooking oil in a wide frying pan in medium heat.
- Saute garlic and onion till caramelized. Add the ground chicken and cook until it changes to golden brown. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Add chopped bell peppers, toss well and cook for 2 minutes. Remove sautéed meat from the pan and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil on a clean wide frying pan in medium low heat.
- Beat 1 egg on a wide bowl. Place 1 eggplant and flatten it using the back of a fork. Make sure eggplant is fully coated with the egg wash.
- Place 2 tablespoon of ground meat mixture on top of the eggplant, slide the eggplant to the pan and start frying. If the bottom of the eggplant has set and cooked, flip it over to cook the other side.
- Fry until it turns to golden brown. Transfer to the serving dish. Serve with banana ketchup and slices of tomato.