Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk
Chicken Curry is a common dish Filipino loves. Chicken stewed in ginger, garlic and onion then simmered in coconut milk and flavored with curry powder.
- 2 lbs. chicken leg, cut into serving size
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 3
- 1 large potato, cut into bite size
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite size
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 to 2 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups of water
- Heat up cooking oil in a deep pot.
- Saute ginger, garlic and onion till caramelized.
- Add chicken slices, lemon grass and fish sauce. Saute for 5 minutes in medium low heat or till chicken turns golden brown.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of water and bring into a boil in high heat. One it starts boiling lower the heat to medium low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked.
- Add potato and carrots. Season with salt, ground pepper and curry powder. Mix well and simmer for few more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bell peppers. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy!
Post a Comment