Chicken Inasal Recipe
Chicken Inasal is a popular chicken barbeque that originated from the Visayan region of the Philippines. Chicken marinated overnight and grilled to perfection. Best served with Papaya Achara and Kalamansi Soy Sauce for dipping.
- 5-6 chicken legs
- 3 cups lemon soda (7-up or sprite)
- 2 tablespoon lemon or kalamansi juice
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 2 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup lemongrass, minced
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar (depends on how sweet you want)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Combine lemon soda, lemon juice, garlic, lemon grass, ginger, sugar, salt and ground pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in a wide container. Pour in marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Take out marinated chicken from the fridge when ready to grill.
- Prepare the basting sauce by combining achuete, cooking oil and butter. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and set aside.
- Grill chicken on hot charcoal for about 10 to 15 minutes on each side or till fully cooked while basting with achuete oil mixture.
- Remove cooked chicken inasal from the grill, place is a serving dish and serve hot with achara and kalamansi or lemon with soy sauce for dipping.
Make sure the chicken is not in direct heat while grilling to avoid the chicken from burning and being under cooked.
RELATED (click on the name to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment