Ginataang Langka or Green Jackfruit in Coconut Milk is one of those easy to make Filipino recipe. Made with young jackfruit, chili and cooked in coconut milk. Some recipe calls for fish sauce but with this one I used ginisang bagoong which made it more tastier. You can use daing or dilis (dried fish) instead of shrimps.
- 1/2 lb. shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups green langka, cut into bite size
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 chili pepper, sliced thin with seeds
- 1 tablespoon sautéed bagoong
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat a wok and add cooking oil. Add garlic, onion and chili pepper. Saute till caramelized.
- Add bagoong and stir for few minutes. Add langka, stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Add water and simmer in medium low heat for 5 minutes or till langka is fully cooked.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimps, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes or till sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!
(click name to see recipe)