Paksiw na Bangus or Stewed Milk fish in vinegar has always been my favorite Bangus dish. Not only easy to make but so appetizing.
- 2 to 3 lbs. bangus, cleaned and cut into serving size
- 1 large eggplant, cut into bite size
- 1 large ampalaya (bitter melon) cut into bite size
- 4-6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 medium size onion, sliced thin
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 cup datu puti vinegar or any white vinegar
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- In a casserole put the ginger and half of the garlic on the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange slices of bangus then put the remaining garlic, ground pepper, salt, water and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil uncovered in medium high heat for few minutes. Add more salt if needed.
- Add slices of ampalaya, eggplant and onions. Cover and simmer in medium heat till bangus and vegetables are fully cooked.
- Drizzle with cooking oil and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, serve hot and enjoy.
RELATED (click name to see complete recipe)