Bell Pepper Relleno Recipe
Bell Pepper Relleno or Stuffed Bell Peppers made with ground chicken and vegetables. A simple recipe for those bell pepper lovers. You can either bake or fry. This one is fried.
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut in halves, remove seeds and washed
- 1 lb. ground chicken or pork
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 small potato, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cooking oil
- Saute garlic and onion in tablespoon cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add ground chicken and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add carrots, potatoes and raisins. Stir and cook till vegetables are fully cooked.
- Season with salt and ground pepper and remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and add cornstarch. Mix well and add chicken and vegetables mixture.
- Stuff bell pepper with chicken and vegetables mixture. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup cooking oil and fry stuffed bell peppers over medium low heat around 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Once fried, remove from pan and place in a paper towel to remove excess cooking oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
RELATED (click on name to see complete recipes)