Ginataang Bangus or Milk Fish stewed in coconut milk is a tasty bangus recipe worth sharing. Easy to make and full of flavor.
- 1 1-2 lbs. bangus, cleaned and cut into serving size
- 1 13 ounces coconut milk (chaokoh brand)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 small chili pepper, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon achuete powder diluted in 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Saute ginger, garlic, chili peppers and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add water, vinegar and bangus slices. Simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste. Simmer for few more minutes or till vinegar and water starts to evaporate.
- Add coconut milk and achuete oil and continue to simmer in medium heat till sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy