Seafood Sotanghon Soup is a tasty Filipino soup made with shrimps, fish balls and topped with hard boiled eggs. Easy to make, delicious and fulfilling.
- 1/2 lb. medium size shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. homemade fish ball, sliced
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 360 grams sotanghon (bean thread/cellophane noodles)
- 3 stem celery, julienne
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 stem green onion, chopped for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon achuete powder diluted in 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 knorr chicken cubes
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6-8 cups of water
- In a big deep pot, sauté garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add achuete oil, carrots, celery, fish balls and shrimps. Stir for a minute then add water.
- Bring to a quick boil. Once it starts boiling add knorr chicken cubes, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add sotanghon, stir and simmer for few minutes.
- Add hard boiled eggs and simmer for few minutes or till sotanghon is fully cooked.
- Remove pot from heat, garnish with chopped green onion and serve hot. Enjoy.
RELATED (click name to see complete recipe)