Shrimp Sinigang is a classic Filipino comfort food made with shrimps, tomatoes, okra, radish, kangkong, chili pepper and seasoned with fish sauce, salt, ground pepper and knorr tamarind powder. You can also add more vegetables desired like long beans, eggplant and taro root.
- 1 lb. medium size shrimp
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 small radish, cut into serving size
- a handful of okra, heads removed
- 2 cup kangkong tops
- 1 to 2 chili peppers
- 2 tablespoon sinigang mix (or more if you want it more sour)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 5 cups of water
- In a deep pot, bring water into a boil. Once water starts to boil, add onion and tomatoes. Simmer in medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add radish and okra and continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes or until almost done.
- Add shrimps, simmer for 2 minutes. Add chili pepper and season with sinigang mix, fish sauce, salt and ground pepper. Continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes or till shrimps are fully cooked.
- Add kangkong tops, simmer for a minute and remove pot from heat.
- Serve hot and Enjoy.