Filipino Picadillo also known as Ginisang Giniling is one of those easy to make recipe. Simple yet full of flavor. There are many ways of cooking this but here is a simple version.
- 1 lb. ground chicken meat (either chicken, pork or beef)
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add ground chicken and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add water and simmer in low heat till water is almost gone.
- Add carrots, potatoes and bell pepper.
- Stir well for 2 minutes allowing the vegetables to cook.
- Season with salt, ground pepper and some sugar (optional) to taste.
- Add tomato sauce, stir well and simmer in low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chopped green onion, stir and serve hot. Enjoy!