Ginataang Kalabasa is one of my favorite dish. Kalabasa cooked thick in coconut milk, shrimp and malunggay leaves. Also known as Nilatik in Ilonggo.
See below related post on how to cook Ginataang Kalabasa.
- 2 lbs. kalabasa, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 lb. medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon bagoong (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Saute onions in cooking oil till caramelized. Add kalabasa cubes, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add water, fish sauce and ground pepper. Bring into a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or till kalabasa is almost fully cooked.
- Add bagoong, shrimp and coconut milk. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Add salt to taste if needed.
- Add malunggay leaves and cook for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!