Mango Sago is a popular dessert made with ripe mangoes, sago and milk. Try to make this easy to make using simple ingredients while mangoes are in season.
- 1 cup small sago (tapioca pearls)
- 1 14 oz. condensed milk
- 1 7.6 fl oz. Nestle table cream
- 2-3 cups diced ripe mango (the more the merrier)
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 6 cups water
- Soak sago in water for at least 30 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain and set aside.
- Boil water in a big pot. Once water starts to boil, add the sago. Reduce heat to low and cook sago for 20-25 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to avoid the sago from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add sugar and continue cooking for 10 minutes or till it get translucent and soft while stirring in between. (You can always add warm water if needed while boiling. Some sago takes longer to boil than others.)
- Drain water from the sago and wash sago in cold water. Drain water completely and set aside.
- Combine condensed milk, cream, and chopped mango in a mixer. Grind well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mango/milk puree, vanilla extract, cooked sago and diced mango. Mix well and transfer in a plastic ware. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours and serve chilled.
Serving good for 3-5 person.