Fresh Tuna Sisig Recipe
Tuna Sisig is the fish version of pork sisig served in a sizzling plate. It is made from fresh chopped tuna, garlic, onion, bell pepper, homemade soy sauce ketchup sauce and mayonnaise.
You can use tuna in can if fresh tuna is not available but make sure to drain it well before cooking.
There are many ways you can make this but here is an easy version and very tasty. Best as an appetizer or pulutan or a side dish.
- 1 lb. fresh tuna, cut into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 serrano or jalopeno chili, sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon full mayonnaise
- salt to taste (if needed)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or any)
- 1 stem green onion for garnishing
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon banana ketchup
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or kalamansi
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix soy sauce, ketchup, ground pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Using a wok or a pan, heat oil in medium heat. Saute garlic till golden brown. Add chili peppers, onion and bell pepper and cook for a minute or two.
- Add tuna chunks and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce ketchup sauce and stir well. Continue cooking while stirring until sauce thickens. Add mayonnaise and mix well. Cook for about a minute. Season with salt if you want it more salty.
- Remove from heat, place in a sizzling plate and garnish with chopped green onions and more chopped onion.
- Serve hot with some lemon wedges.
RELATED (click name to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment