Egg Pie Recipe
Filipino Egg Pie aka Egg Custard Pie is a classic Filipino snack in the Philippines. Slow baked Egg Pie that is a perfect snack or dessert anytime of the day.
Also, I made the pie crust using graham cracker. Something different and easier to make than a regular pie crust. My family loved it and requested that I should make 2 plate next time.
Give it a try and let me know.
Excuse the not so perfect looking piece of pie as I cut it to soon. We just can't wait for it to cool off completely before slicing. It might not look that good but trust me, it's close to perfect.
Easy Graham Cracker Pie Crust Ingredients
- 10 inch round baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Heat over to 350 f.
- Stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Press mixture evenly against bottom and side of the baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove crust from the oven and set aside allowing to cool completely.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 can 14 oz. condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or kalamansi juice
- Heat evaporated milk for 1 minute in the microwave and set aside.
- Whisk 4 whole egg and 1 egg yolk in a large mixing bowl. (set aside egg white for later use)
- Add condensed milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice and mix well.
- Beat egg white using an electric mixer until it turns foamy.
- Fold egg white into the milk/egg mixture.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Pour the filling mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until fully cooked. (you can insert a toothpick in the center of the pie to see if it's fully cooked)
- Remove the egg pie from the oven and allow to cool. Best to refrigerate overnight before cutting and serving. Enjoy.