Hong Kong Style Soy Sauce Chicken Recipe
Hong Kong Style Soy Sauce Chicken is made of chicken, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and star anise.
It is a delicious recipe, easy to make and something different from our usual Filipino adobo recipe. Give it a try and let me know.
- 2 lbs. chicken leg and thighs (or chicken wings), cut into serving sizes
- 3 pcs. star anise
- 2 thumb size ginger, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar (or any)
- 2 tbs. hoisin sauce (optional)
- 2-3 tbs. peanut oil (or any)
- 1 green onion for garnishing
- 1 cup water
- Heat pan in medium high and add cooking oil. Add garlic, onion and ginger and stir fry for few minutes. Add chicken and stir while turning every few minutes to avoid the chicken from sticking to the pan until chicken turns golden brown.
- Add water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar and star anise. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked while stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and arrange in a serving dish. Continue to simmer the remaining sauce in medium low and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Pour sauce over the chicken, garnish with green onion and serve.
Best when served with steamed vegetables like green beans on the side.
RELATED CHICKEN POSTS