Casa Baluarte have few Pancit Canton post (see related post below) but this one is the most simplest of all yet it taste as good. Stir fried with chicken meat, shrimps and vegetables. I think Pancit Canton is the closest to Chinese Chow Mein noodles.
- 16 oz. pancit canton (excellent brand if available)
- 1 lb. boneless chicken meat
- 1 lb. medium size shrimp, peeled
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 med. carrots, peeled and julienne to bite size
- 3 stem celery, julienne
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 tbs. sesame oil (optional but better)
- 2 tbs. cooking oil
- lemon wedges or kalamansi for garnishing
- Heat wok in medium and add cooking oil. Add garlic, onion and cook till caramelized. Add chicken and stir fry till chicken turns golden brown. Add carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add celery and stir fry for a minute. Add shrimp and stir fry till shrimps turns pinkish.
- Add chicken broth or water and ground pepper. Stir, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add pancit canton noodles and cabbage. Stir to mix well. Taste test to see if more salt is needed. (Some pancit canton brand are salty than others)
- Reduce heat to the lowest, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pancit canton is fully cooked. (By covering the wok the steam cooks the pancit evenly) Remember to stir ever few minutes to avoid the noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pan) You might need to add more broth or water as not all pancit canton brand have the same texture. Make sure to warm up the broth or water first before adding to the cooking pancit.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and stir well then remove pan from heat, transfer in a serving dish and garnish with lemon wedges or kalamansi. Serve hot and Enjoy.
RELATED PANCIT CANTON POST