Tortang Giniling Recipe
Tortang Giniling or Ground Meat Omelet is one of those easy to make Filipino dish. What is good about this dish is you can use either ground beef or pork or chicken or fish or mix. With this recipe I used ground chicken as some family member does not eat beef or pork for health reason. Kids even made pretend hamburger sandwiches with ketchup and mayonnaise and enjoyed it too.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped potato
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Saute garlic and onion till golden brown. Add ground meat and sauté until meat is fully cooked and golden brown. Add carrots and potatoes and stir for few minutes or until vegetables is fully cooked. Add bell peppers and stir. Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat eggs with flour. Mix in sautéed ground meat mixture and season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Heat frying pan in medium low heat and add cooking oil. Scoop around 2 tablespoon of meat mixture or more into the pan. Fry in low heat untill it turns golden brown on both side.
- Remove from pan and place in a wire rack or a paper towel to drain excess cooking oil. Place in a serving plate and serve hot with banana ketchup or sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy.
Post a Comment