You like sayote? Check out this simple sautéed sayote with chicken. Easy to make and healthy. If sayote is not available you can substitute sayote with upo or green papaya.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken meat (chicken breast or thighs), cut into bite size
- 2-3 lbs. sayote, clean and cut into bite size
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tbs. oyster sauce or 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil (or any kind of oil)
- 1/2 cup water
2. Add slices of chicken and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and slightly brown.
3. Add oyster sauce or fish sauce (if oyster sauce is not available). Stir well and cook for a minute.
4. Add sayote and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add water, salt (if needed) and ground black pepper. Stir and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sayote is fully cooked.