Ginisang Sayote or Sauteed Chayote is a simple yet delicious and a healthy Filipino dish. This easy chayote dish can be served as a side dish or as a main dish. Feel free to use pork or shrimp instead of chicken but today I want to eat healthy so I used chicken breast.
Learn how to cook this simple and budget friendly meal by watching the short video below. Follow us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
This Ginisang Sayote with Chicken recipe is very simple and easy to make, usually served with hot steamed rice paired with fried or grilled fish. It is made with sauteed chayote or sayote in onions, garlic and tomatoes, seasoned with oyster sauce and ground pepper.
Check out this simple sauteed sayote with chicken. Easy to make and healthy. If sayote is not available, substitute sayote with upo or green papaya.
- 1/2 lb. boneless chicken meat (chicken breast or thighs), cut into bite size
- 2 large sayote,cut into bite size
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp oyster sauce fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat pan over medium-low heat and add oil. Saute onion, garlic and tomato for a minute. transparent. Add chicken and stir. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with oyster sauce and ground pepper. Cook for a minute.
- Add bell peppers and chayote. Stir and add water. Season with salt to taste. Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until chayote is cooked but not over cooked.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with fresh steamed rice. Enjoy!