Ampalaya is my favorite vegetable. I always crave for its bitterness so any chance I get I add it to a dish. Ginisa or sautéed ampalaya is one of those easy to make recipe. So do you like ampalaya? Then try this recipe and enjoy. Also check out other ampalaya recipe below.
- 1 lb. ampalaya, cleaned and julienned
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced .
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs. cooking oil
- Heat deep pan in medium heat and add cooking. Saute onion and garlic until caramelized.
- Add shrimp and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water, salt and ground pepper to taste. Stir and simmer for few minutes.
- Add ampalaya slices and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until ampalaya is fully cooked. Don't stir until ampalaya is fully cooked.
- Add beaten egg, allow to cook for few minutes and stir.
- Remove from heat, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy.
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)
Simple Ginisang Ampalaya Recipe