This Grilled Flank Steak with Mushrooms and Gravy is one of my family's favorite. Just season the steak, saute the vegetables, make the gravy and serve. See step by step recipe below.
- 2 lbs. flank steak (or any other cut will do)
- salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Season steak with salt and ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Using a wide pan, heat and add butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook until transparent. Add mushrooms and bell pepper. Saute for few minutes, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using a cast iron pan, heat in medium high heat and add olive oil. Pan sear seasoned steak for 5 minutes on each side. *The length of cooking steak depends on how you want your steak done. Mine is always medium rare. Remove steak from pan and set aside.
- For Gravy - Using the same cast iron pan where you cooked the steak, add cornstarch and stir until slightly brown in medium low heat.
- Once cornstarch is slightly brown, add water and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Keep stirring for few minutes and remove from heat. Transfer gravy in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice steak into serving sizes and arrange in a serving platter. Place sautéed mushrooms to the platter and top with brown gravy.
- Serve hot and enjoy.