Pandan Chicken Recipe
Pandan Chicken is one of those party food that is easy to make and very tasty. Makes a great appetizer or finger food. It is made of marinated chicken wrapped in pandan leaves and deep fried.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken meat (breast or thighs) cut into 2x1 cubes
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- cooking oil for frying
- pandan leaves
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, oyster sauce, ground pepper, sugar and minced ginger.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well. Refrigerate mixture for at least an hour.
- Place a piece of chicken towards the end of the pandan leaves and roll it up tightly. Hold tight with a tooth pick.
- Heat frying pan and add cooking oil. Deep fry in medium heat until it turns golden brown and chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from pan and serve hot. Enjoy.