Pesang Isda Recipe
Pesang Maya-Maya is one of my favorite fish soup. Not only easy to make but also healthy. Pesang Isda is one of the least popular dishes in the Philippines usually made out of boiled fish, ginger and cabbage.
- 2 lbs. Maya-Maya or any white fish, cleaned and cut into serving size
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 lb. cabbage, quartered
- 1 bunch pechay, remove ends (not in the picture)
- 2 large tomato, quartered
- 3 stalks green onion, cut into halves
- 4 cups rice washing or water
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- Heat large pot in medium heat and add cooking oil. Saute ginger, onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add rice washing or water and bring into a boil. Season with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper and simmer for few minutes.
- Add fish and tomato. Continue cooking for at least 5 minutes. Add cabbage and pechay and continue cooking until fish and vegetables are fully cooked.
- Taste test if more fish sauce or salt is needed.
- Add green onions and simmer for a minute. Remove pot from heat and serve hot. Enjoy.
Post a Comment