Almond Shrimps Stir Fry
Almond Shrimps is one of my favorite Asian recipe. Not only easy to make but very delicious and healthier. You can use chicken meat or pork or even beef instead of shrimps. Check recipe below and some related stir fry post.
- 1/2 lb. shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 - 15 oz. baby corn, drained
- 1 medium size carrots, cut into bite size
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 5 tbs. water
- Using a wok, roast almonds until golden brown and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the brown sauce and set aside.
- Using the same wok, heat and add cooking oil. Add ginger and onion, cook until caramelized.
- Add shrimps and stir fry for few minutes until shrimps turns pinkish.
- Add carrots, baby corn, bell peppers and snow peas. Stir well and cook for few minutes until all vegetables are half cooked (just the way I like my veggies, crunchy) or fully cooked.
- Add the brown sauce mixture into the wok and stir well to combine. Keep stirring for few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add roasted almonds and stir well. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy!
RELATED (click link name to see complete recipe)