Ginataang Manok Recipe
Ginataang Manok or Chicken cooked in coconut milk is one of my favorite coconut dish. Not only easy to make but also very tasty. It is almost like chicken curry less the curry.
Give it a try and hope you will like it. Don't forget to check out other coconut milk recipes post below.
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, cut into serving size (or any chicken parts will do)
- 2 medium potato, quartered
- 1 medium size red bell pepper, julienne
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 hot chili pepper, sliced thin
- 1-2 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbs. cooking oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Using a wok or a wide deep pan, heat cooking oil and fry potatoes until lightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add bell peppers and cook for few minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add onions, garlic and ginger. Stir and cook until aromatic.
- Add chicken, stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Season chicken with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper. Stir, cover and simmer for few minutes.
- Add water and coconut milk. Simmer in medium low heat while stirring every few minutes.
- Add chili peppers and stir. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and sauce thickens.
- Add fried potatoes, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add fried bell peppers, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy.
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment