Shrimp and Pork Lumpia
Shrimp and Pork Lumpia is a Filipino favorite food. It is made special with regular Lumpia
ingredients plus whole shrimps. See related Lumpia Recipes below.
This special Shrimp and Pork Lumpia is great for potlucks, parties or any get together. Try this recipe and let me know how you like it.
- 20 pieces lumpia wrapper, cut crosswise (see picture below)
- 40 pcs. medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail intact
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 celery stick, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped fine
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium singkamas or 8 oz. water chestnut, drained and chopped
- 2 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs. flour
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- cooking oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine ground pork, water chestnut, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and egg. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste and mix well.
- Place 1 tsp. of the meat mixture onto the wrapper and 1 piece shrimp with tail outside the wrapper. Fold and wrap tight. (see above picture)
- Heat deep pan or a deep fryer. Add enough cooking oil to cover the lumpia while frying. Make sure cooking oil is hot enough before adding the lumpia.
- Fry lumpia by batch until it turns golden brown for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cooked lumpia from the oil and drain excess cooking oil.
- Place in a serving plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce like garlic vinegar or banana ketchup or sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)