Shrimp and Pork Lumpia
Shrimp and Pork Lumpia is a Filipino favorite food. It is made with regular Lumpia
ingredients plus shrimps. Great for potluck, parties or get together. See related Lumpia Recipes below.
- 20 pieces lumpia wrapper, cut crosswise (see picture below)
- 40 pcs. medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail intact
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 celery stick, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped fine
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small can 8 oz. water chestnut, drained and chopped
- 2 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs. flour
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- cooking oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine ground pork, water chestnut, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and egg. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste and mix well.
- Place 1 tsp. of the meat mixture onto the wrapper and 1 piece shrimp with tail outside the wrapper. Fold and wrap tight. (see above picture)
- Heat deep pan or a deep fryer. Add enough cooking oil to cover the lumpia while frying. Make sure cooking oil is hot enough before adding the lumpia.
- Fry lumpia by batch until it turns golden brown for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cooked lumpia from the oil and drain excess cooking oil.
- Place in a serving plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce like garlic vinegar or banana ketchup or sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!
*You can also add some chopped shrimps to the meat mixture before wrapping if desired.*
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)