Sinigang na Bangus is a simple yet very satisfying Filipinos favorite recipe.
What I like about cooking sinigang is the option of using different vegetables like eggplant, pechay, long beans and just cook it with tomatoes and onion.
- 1-2 lbs. whole bangus, cut into serving size
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 large tomato, quartered
- 2 stem green onion, cut into half
- 2 large eggplant, cut into bite size
- 2-3 tbs. knorr tamarind sinigang mix
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups of water
- Boil water in a deep pot. Once water starts to boil add onions and tomato. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes in medium heat or until onions are fully cooked.
- Add bangus slices and cook for few minutes. Season with fish sauce and ground pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant slices and cook for few more minutes or until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Add sinigang mix and more salt if needed. Cook for another minutes and transfer in a serving bowl. Serve hot with lots of steam rice. Enjoy!
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)
Click >>> Bangus Recipes for more.