Spicy Ginataang Tilapia in Achuete Recipe
Ginataang Tilapia is a flavorful Filipino fish dish and easy to make. The tilapia is simmered in vinegar, garlic and ginger until it thickens then achuete oil and coconut milk added.
This recipe is also known as Adobado in some part of the Philippines.
Learn how to make this delicious Spicy Tilapia in Coconut Milk by watching the easy to follow video below.
- 2 large (around 2-3 lbs.) tilapia, cleaned
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon achuete powder diluted in 4 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk (use Chaokoh brand if available)
- green onion for garnishing
- Using a wide pan, place ginger then tilapia. Add vinegar, water, garlic, salt and ground pepper. Bring to a quick boil. Once it starts boiling reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or till sauce thickens and tilapia is almost fully cooked.
- Add achuete powder diluted in cooking oil, mix sauce gently and simmer for few minutes. Add coconut milk, mix sauce gently and simmer in low heat or till sauce thickens. Add more salt if needed. Add chili peppers and cook for a minute.
- Add green onions and turn off heat. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy!
Click link below for more delicious recipe;
hungry na meReplyDelete
luto na you :)Delete