Adobong Tuyo is a classic Ilonggo breakfast where tuyo or tabagak is fried and cooked spicy adobo style. With this dish you will need a lot of rice. Imagine having your dried salted fish cooked in spicy vinegar? It is so delicious specially for dried fish lover. Add more chili peppers if you prefer the Adobong Tuyo spicy.
Watch the cooking video below and see how easy to make my version of Adobong Tuyo. You can always store the left over Adobong Tuyo in a jar for later. Check out the easy recipe tuyo below. Give it a try and share. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more easy yet delicious home cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1/2 lb tuyo (dried salted herring)
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper or any siling labuyo, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar (optional)
- cooking oil
- Using a frying pan, fry tuyo in 4-5 tbsp cooking oil until fully cooked. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Using a clean frying pan, heat and add 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Add garlic and saute.Cook until golden brown.
- Add onion and hot peppers. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add vinegar and bring into a quick boil.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add fried tuyo and bring into a quick boil.
- Taste test if more sugar or salt is needed.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with lots of steam rice. Enjoy.