Binagoongan Rice Recipe
|Binagoongan Rice Meal
Binagoongan Rice is a type of Fried Rice flavored with bagoong and garlic. This recipe is easy and delicious. Give it a try and share.
I would normally use white rice but this time I used a day old brown rice and it turned out pretty good. I added shrimps in this recipe and served with homemade Beef Tapa, scrambled eggs, green mangoes, slices of tomato and pickled jalapeno.
Don't forget to check out related recipes below. Clink on name link to see complete recipe.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 5 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp sauteed shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- chopped cilantro or green onions for garnishing
|Binagoongan Fried Rice Dinner
- Using a wok, heat in medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Add shrimps and cook until color turns pink and fully cooked. Remove shrimps from the oil and set aside.
- Melt shrimp paste in water and set aside.
- Add garlic and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove half of the fried garlic and set aside for later use.
- Add melted shrimp paste to fried garlic. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add rice and mix well until rice is coated evenly with the shrimp paste. Cook in low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked shrimps and stir well.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and stir well.
- Remove wok from heat, transfer to serving plate and garnish with fried garlic and chopped cilantro or green onions.
- Serve hot with scrambled egg, your choice of Tapa or Longanisa, slices of green mango, tomato and pickled jalapeno or Papaya Achara.
SEE BELOW RELATED RECIPES
(click name link to see complete recipe)