Sinigang is a sour soup that is flavored with tamarind, calamansi juice or lemon. With this simple Sinigang na Pompano fish I used lemon juice as I don't want to over power the fish flavor. I also added ginger to remove the fishy after taste. Red bell pepper is also used instead of tomato and it turned out really good. Remember, you can use other greens desired like green mustard, spinach or kangkong. Add eggplant or other vegetables you want.
This Sinigang na Pompano recipe is so easy to make and worth a try. Make it and share with family and friends. Pompano is known as Pampano in French and Palometa in Spanish. It is a mild fish that is rich in taste with firm, white meat that almost melts in your mouth. Pompano is also best when grilled in the oven, grilled in charcoal or fried.
- 1 large (1 lb or more) pompano, gutted and rinsed well
- 3-4 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- a bunch of bok choy (pechay), remove ends and rinsed well
- 3 stalks of green onions, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 cups water
- Using a deep pot or a wok, add water in bring into a boil.
- Add ginger, onions and bell peppers to the pot and continue boiling in medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add fish and ground pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish is fully cooked.
- Add lemon juice and simmer for a minute.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add bok choy and green onions. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and serve hot with rice and fish sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
(clink on name link below the picture to see complete recipe(s).
|Sinigang na Isda sa Kamias|
|Pinangat na Isda|