Puto Cheese is a popular Filipino breakfast or morning snack and commonly eaten with Pork Dinuguan. Top fresh steamed Puto Cheese with butter or grated coconut or even salted egg.
There are many variations on how to make Puto Cheese and I find this recipe so soft to bite and fluffy. Follow the simple step by step instructions below on how to make easy Puto Cheese at home and you will have a delicious Puto Cheese in less than 15 minutes.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated cheese
- baking spray or melted butter for greasing the molds
- strips of quick melt cheese for topping
- 24 pieces - 2 inch diameter x 1 molds
|Puto Cheese Ingredients|
- Grease each mold with baking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together rice flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Using another bowl, mix water, milk, egg, vanilla extract and butter. Quick stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in water-milk mixture. Mix to combine using a whisk for about a minute or two.
- Add grated cheese to the batter and fold gently to combine.
- Spoon batter into the molds until 3/4 full.
- Place a strip of quick melt cheese on top of each puto.
- Place molds in the steamer and steam for about 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove Puto Cheese from the steamer and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
|Puto Cheese served with Pork Dinuguan|
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Biko na Pirurutong|