How to Make Filipino Taho Syrup
We have been so spoiled living in California for 30 plus years surrounded with good Filipino restaurants and food chains but since our moved here in Texas 6 months ago I became more creative. I figure if I can't find a good Filipino taho then make it.
|Store bought Tofu Pudding from 99 Ranch Market|
The taho or tofu pudding you can easily purchase from your local Asian store. I got few package from 99 Ranch grocery store newest location in Frisco, Texas so all I need was to make the syrup as the syrup that comes with the taho or tofu pudding purchased from 99 Ranch has ginger flavor and we don't like it at all.
Taho Syrup Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used Mexican vanilla extract from Walmart store, much better)
- 3 cups water
Taho Syrup Instructions
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water into a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add brown and white sugar to the pan and stir. Keep stirring until all sugar dissolves for about 2 minutes.
- Taste to see if more sugar is needed and adjust to your liking.
- Add vanilla extract and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce starts to thickens and turns syrupy, stirring occasionally for about 5-10 minutes.
- How to serve: Scoop some store-bought tofu podding or taho in a glass. Pour maybe 2-3 tablespoon of sugar syrup over the soft tofu. Stir and enjoy!