Ginataang Saging at Sago
Ginataang Saging at Sago also known as Cooking Banana and Tapioca Pearls cooked in Coconut Milk is a delicious Filipino snack or dessert. This yummy dessert is so easy to make and only few ingredients needed.
Learn how to make Ginataang Saging at Sago with this easy recipe. The steps below should guide you on how to make this delicious banana and tapioca pearls cooked in coconut milk. Watch the video below to visually guide you every step of the way.
There are many versions on how to make Ginataang Saging at Sago and this recipe is the simpler one. So simple yet very delicious. Boil the sago or tapioca pearls first and cook according to package direction. It took me 15 minutes to boil over low heat and rinsed in cold water. Drain well to remove excess water.
Best when served hot or cold, for dessert or even snack, so make it now and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. This recipe is good for 4 servings.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (or adjust to your liking)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup cooking banana (saba)
- 2 cups cooked (tapioca pearls) sago (see cooking direction below)
- How to cook Sago - Boil 4 cups of water. Add 1/2 cup little sago (tapioca pearls and stir. Cook over low heat while stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Cook longer if needed. Rinse in cold water and drain well to remove excess water. Set aside.
- In a medium deep pan, add 1 cup of water. Simmer and add coconut milk, salt, sugar and vanilla extract. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add banana saba and simmer for 5 minutes. Cook a little longer if needed while stirring gently occasionally. Add cooked sago and stir gently to combine. Cook for a minute.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer in a serving bowl. Serve hot or cold and Enjoy!