Mung Beans with Pork Leg
Is it Friday yet? Just can't wait so I made me some delicious Mung Beans with Pork Leg. I still don't know why Filipinos typically cook monggo on a Friday but that did not stop me from making a pot of this Filipinos favorite comfort food.
Sauteed Mung Beans with Pork Leg or Ginisang Monggo with Pata is a popular mung bean dish in the Philippines and for Filipinos around the world. Give this simple yet delicious Monggo recipe a try. Learn how to make this delicious bean soup by watching the video below. The instructions below with guide you every step of the way.
This sauteed Mung Beans or Ginisang Monggo recipe is a Filipino savory mung bean soup made with pork leg, yellow squash and malunggay leaves just like how my dad like to cook his mung beans. This simple dish is not only nutritious but also very delicious.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1 cup mung (monggo) beans, rinsed and soak in water for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- around 2 lbs or 1 whole pork leg, cut into pieces
- 1 piece Knorr chicken cube
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups yellow (kalabasa) squash, cut into cubes
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- In a medium pot, add 3 cups of water and mung beans (soaked for 2 hours so it will cook faster). Cover and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat to simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until half cooked while stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a bigger pot, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion, garlic and tomatoes until soft and fragrant for about few minutes over medium heat. Add pork legs and cook until lightly browned. Add Knorr chicken cube, ground pepper and fish sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Pour-in 5 cups of water and bring into a boil. Continue cooking for about 45-60 minutes or until meat is tender. Add more water as needed.
- Add mung beans to the pot. Stir to combine and continue to cook until beans is fully cooked and meat is fully tender. Add salt if needed. Add yellow squash and stir gently. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add malunggay leaves and allow to cook for additional minute. Transfer in a serving bowl and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Monggo with Shrimp|
|Monggo with Langka|
|Monggo Langka Pechay|
|Red Beans and Pork|
Post a Comment