Fish Sarciado or Sarciadong Isda na Bangus is a simple yet a delicious Filipino fish dish. Sarciadong Bangus is so easy to make using fried fish simmered in onions, garlic, tomatoes and eggs. You can pretty much use any fish available or even leftover fried fish. Very tasty and a great weeknight meal.
Sarciadong Bangus or Fish Sarciado using bangus is a Filipino fish recipe compose of fried fish simmered in sauteed tomatoes and topped with beaten eggs. Fish Sarciado is a great fish dish to turn your leftover fried fish into something special. Sarciadong Isda is also known as Cardillong Isda in Ilonggo. This fish dish is my husband's favorite especially when I use boneless bangus.
Give this delicious fish recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends or save this link for later use. Watch the video above to learn how easy it is on how to make this Sarciadong Bangus. Check related fish recipes below. Click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
Serves 3-4 people
Estimated Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1-2 lbs boneless bangus or any fish desired
- flour (optional)
- canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup water or as needed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- Clean fish and pat dry using a clean cloth or a paper towel. Sprinkle with a little salt and lightly coat with flour (to prevent the fish from sticking to the pan). Heat pan and add cooking oil. Fry fish until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Using a clean deeper pan, heat and add 2 tablespoon oil. Saute onion for about 30 seconds. Add garlic and cook until fragrant for about a minute over medium-low heat. Add tomatoes and cook until soft for about few minutes. Season with ground pepper and fish sauce. Add water and allow to simmer for few minutes or until tomatoes are fully soft. Add more water as needed.
- Add fried fish and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Season with salt as needed. Add beaten eggs and continue to simmer until eggs curdles. Gently stir.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and simmer for another minute. Remove pan from heat and transfer Fish Sarciado in a serving dish. Serve while still hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)