Spanish Style Bangus
How to make Spanish Style Bangus in Oil.
Spanish Style Bangus in Oil is easy to make using a pressure cooker or an insta pot. This recipe is perfectly seasoned with tender fish meat and bones. Made with green olives, carrots, sweet pickles in olive oil. Olive oil expensive? Feel free to use other oil such as coconut, canola or even vegetable oil. Making your own Spanish Style Bangus in Oil is less expensive than buying the jar or canned sardines. Most of the ingredients are also pantry staples. If you want a better Spanish Style Bangus in Oil, this bangus recipe is the one so give it a try!
Some like making sinardinas na bangus with scales but kids prefers it without so don't worry you can either leave the fish scales or just remove it. You can also use other fish such as tamban tuloy or small mackerel or sardines. You can also store them in an airtight container for later. I would suggest keeping them in a refrigerator and heat as needed. Add more chili peppers if you prefer it more spicy.
Give this Spanish Style Bangus in Oil recipe a try and let me know how you like it. Watch the short cooking video to learn how simple to make this Spanish Style Bangus. This Bangus in Oil recipe is also known as Bangus Sardines. Kind of misleading as sardines is a type of fish but it is a popular term in the Philippines. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 lbs bangus, cleaned, gutted and cut into serving pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into florets
- 8-10 pieces bay leaves
- 10-12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 5-6 red chilies
- 2 cups olive oil
- Combine around 5-6 cups of cold water and 2 tablespoon salt. Stir to dissolve salt. Add bangus pieces and allow to soak for about 30 minutes. Remove bangus, rinse once and drain well. Discard remaining liquid.
- In a pressure cooker, layer half of the carrots, half of the bay leaves, half of the garlic and half of the peppercorns. Arrange bangus in a single layer then layer again with the remaining carrots, bay leaves, garlic, peppercorns, sweet pickles, green olives, red chilies, 1 teaspoon salt, olive oil and enough water to fully cover the fish.
- Close and lock pressure cooker or insta pot lid. Cook over medium heat until the valve begins to whistle. Lower heat and continue to to cook for an hour or until fully cooked and tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool before serving. Serve over rice or transfer in a airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)